Monday, January 26, 2015

So Long, Caesar!

Well, Saturday I packed up Caesar and brought him back to his home farm. While he is a stunning ram, I can't say he'll be much missed around here! I'm definitely not ready for rams and their feisty attitudes. After he had done his business with the ladies, he got kind of bored. So he started ramming the walls. He busted apart the wall-mounted hay feeder. Thank goodness he didn't bust through a wall or gate while he was here--that was my biggest fear. I would sometimes wake up in the middle of the night panicked about the possibility!

So, yes, fare the well, beautiful Caesar. I think everyone is much happier with the situation. Caesar wasted no time getting reacquainted with his BFF, Narnia Farm's guardian llama, Dahli. And the girls wasted no time getting reacquainted with their alpaca buddies. I know I sometimes have a tendency to project or anthropomorphize, but I swear the ewes really are excited about the reunion. I haven't seen them more than a few feet from the alpacas since I let everyone mingle again. I mean, wouldn't you think the same thing if you saw this every time you checked on the herd?
Dorrie, Jazz, and Dawn greet Josie (Daisy was in the barn loving on the other 'pacas).
Dorrie loves up on Anna.
Daisy and Anna
Lamb watch officially begins April 29, and could go into June. Crossing my fingers for mostly girls, and lots of tan or bicolored beauties!


No comments:

Post a Comment